Sunday, March 13, 2011

Really bugging me


This weekend has been amazingly beautiful and the daffodils are up everywhere. Have any of you ever cut daffodils and put them in a vase of water colored with red food coloring and over a day or two the flower starts to turn red? I did that yesterday and David and Grace thought that was the coolest thing they had ever seen. David had never seen that before and over the weekend I found more people that had never heard of doing that. Hasn’t the whole world seen that science trick before?

Well, I guess the whole world does know what’s going on in Japan. All the people that need medical assistance, a soft dry place to sleep, clean drinking water, and food. God please look after these people affected by the earthquake and tsunami.

In the meantime, here I am in my cozy bed typing away thinking about what I really want to say and what I really should say. I’ll go for the latter.  My wounds are healing nicely and itching like crazy which is a good sign. My hair is growing back in at the base of my skull and that is making me rub my head against my brace like a cat rubbing up against the corner of a chair.

The meds. Today I just took Tylenol because of soreness but I do not have a headache, I feel my feet, my back doesn’t really hurt and I feel good. But tonight I had to go back to the heavies and take a Demerol. For some reason my ribs want to give me trouble at night. At about 9 PM I think it’s ribs #7 and #8 say, “ Okay, we are off duty, time for a shift change…”  literally. This is new and really bugging me. It’s just not fun when something irritates you.

It’s about now that I really want to unload and then I think about the victims of the earthquakes, I think about how families are sitting at the bedside of a loved one waiting for him to wake up from a coma, I think about friends who have recently lost a family member, and then I think about how all these people are feeling: sad, hopeful, lost, lonely, thirsty, hungry, hurting, desperate. Thank you Lord for the blessings you have bestowed upon us and please be with all that need your comfort and healing.

Time for me to get over my ribs bugging me! 7 and 8 and I are hopefully going to sleep.


If you would like to learn more about Chiari Malformation, Tethered Cord, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome please visit  www.csfinfo.org 


Thanks for reading. LA

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leigh Anne,

    I'm so glad you're feeling better (for the most part anyway). We are truly blessed in so many ways, even though it might take a disaster or crisis to remind us. Please take good care of yourself!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete