Thursday, March 24, 2011

My new lease...


If I put myself into a cocoon will I come out a beautiful butterfly and flutter on the warm breeze in the sun?

My new lease may have had a loophole…we’re renegotiating.

Sometimes when you feel better right off the bat… it catches up with you and your body says…. “Oh no you don’t. You’re not quite as ready as you think you are!” Why don’t I ever learn?

My neck incision seems to be a bit inflamed so it’s time to go back to Merry Land for a CT scan to see how it’s doing on the inside. My fear is that the fusion is not taking. I have a sensation of movement beneath the incision but it might just be scar tissue. This fusion may be taking longer than we originally thought but I have confidence that it will fuse properly.

Having the surgery was still the right thing for me to do but it’s tough changing your lifestyle. The simplest things are different now.

Instead of pulling Grace back on her swing now I have to remember to just push gently. Then I remember that I’m lucky to be able to be outside with her.

Instead of bending over to pick up something up off the floor I have to think about how to best do it. Heaven forbid it’s over ten pounds or I have to just leave it there. That’s difficult for me because when I want something done I want to do it now. However, I am learning patience (and of course I’m learning it the hard way.)

The outpouring of kindness and support from friends and family is overwhelming.  We appreciate it more than you know.

Thanks for caring, LA

PS – Please pray for our military, those affected by the crises in Japan, Libya, and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment