Friday, February 11, 2011

It feels like a Red Zinger Day...


It feels like a Red Zinger Day... I think I'd compare Red Zinger to a light bodied, very berry, flavorful Pinot Noir with a lingering note of Rose Hips. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not a sommelier just an enthusiast of the fermented red grape varietal. 

Rose Hips remind me of my Grandmother Harris who lived to be 105. She was very ahead of her time and a very intelligent lady. Harris didn't like doctors much less hospitals. She took great care of her mind, body, and spirit but at about age 95 her appendix ruptured and she didn't tell anyone for two days. Finally, she was taken to the hospital. Harris would go to the dentist because she thought it was very important to take care of her teeth but she would not have any drugs! None! I'm not that tough. In fact, I want my mother but she needs to be in Spartanburg.

It is increasingly difficult for me to carry on an intelligent conversation. Yesterday at preschool some of the moms from Grace's class put together a baby shower for the teacher Mrs. M-J. It was so sweet and fun but I was struggling to keep it together. Well, as it has been going these days The Lord took control. Out of the blue I find myself standing in the hall with four other moms, calendar in my hand, and next thing you know Grace's pick up schedule is filled until Feb. 25th. Everything is covered. I can't believe it. And, to put the cherry on top, a dear sweet mom sent me an e-mail saying she wanted to help me with Grace's schedule, too. 

My heart is breaking at the thought of leaving Grace for so long. The crazy thing is that as hard as this situation is I must be at peace with it and again put my faith in The Lord that she will be okay. As I drove down Friendly Avenue and passed the beautiful Junior League of Greensboro’s Headquarters I thought about how much I’m drawing from my league experiences to deal with this imbroglio, then I thought about how much I’m drawing from other life altering experiences and I realized that is all cumulative. Like an eight grade Pre-Algebra test but this is life.

And, as I try to ignore the ever present stabbing behind in my eyes and high-pitched screeching in my ears (tinnitus) I thought, “Could this be it? Could this monster called Chiari be my life’s purpose? No, it’s not the Chiari. It’s how I’m supposed to deal with it.” It’s all a culmination of what I’ve learned in life and this is my test…how will I deal with it?

If you would like to know more about Arnold Chiari Malformation, Tethered Cord, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, or other related conditions please visit www.csfinfo.org

Thanks so much for reading! Have a GREAT DAY! Leigh Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment